It’s never too early to teach your children to be aware of the environment and how their action and way of life can affect it. Help your children to contribute to make this earth a better place to live in the future.
Here is the list of “green” things that you can teach your children to do:
1. Share toys with siblings or friends. Donate unused toys.
2. Turn off the TV, stop pushing computer buttons, put down the videogame and just go outside to play with friends or do some other non-electronic fun. It saves lots of energy.
4. Making creative gifts for birthdays or holidays using recycled items or used items. It saves money, reduce landfill and children can learn to value personalized gift.
5. Take school bus, walk or ride a bike to school.
6. Use re-useable lunch box and drinking bottle instead of plastic or paper wrapping.
7. Choose recycled papers and pencil.
8. Buy PVC-free backpacks and lunchbox.
9. Reuse part of items for art or other school projects, for example unused shoe laces, old buttons, etc.
10. Reuse school supplies that are still in good condition. Avoid buying brand new schools supplies every year only to keep up with the trends.
11. Help parents to sort rubbish and put it into separate recycle bins of plastic, paper and can. It helps children to get used to green lifestyle.
12. Do some family gardening activities. It will teach the children to understand how we depend on natural resources.